Monday, January 25, 2010

Room for Dessert!

As a person who feels that a meal without dessert is a tragically missed opportunity, it is difficult to keep my personal mission focussed and my spirits up in a society hell bent on depriving everyone of everything that makes life worth living.

Lately, I have come to a time in my life, grandparenthood, where I begin to appreciate the true meaning of life and the essential enjoyment of it. The icing on the cake, as the saying goes. It should happen to you, if it already hasn't.

Things they said were good for you but didn't work out that way:

Putting babies on their tummies to sleep
Indiscriminate sex
Getting a suntan
Smoking
Jogging/ Exercise
Steak
Fur coats
Botox
Joint custody
Nuts
Tough love

Things they said were bad for you but make life worth living and aren’t so bad after all:

Chocolate
Saying no

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm always say yes! great to read pidge. thanks.

    ReplyDelete